All Xero users would have received an update from Xero on how they are making multi-factor authentication (MFA) mandatory for all users this year. This is a great way to protect your security but it can cause headaches if not set up correctly. Before you start the process please ensure:
- You must have your own unique Xero log-in. We have always recommended this as best practice but if you are currently sharing a log in, please contact our office to set up a new user for any shared users. (Please provide us with the new user name and email – they will be then emailed an invitation to join and will set up their password.)
- Have your smartphone on hand and make sure you’ve downloaded Xero Verify from the Apple or Google app store, or your authentication app of choice (eg Google Authenticator).
- If you don’t have access to a smartphone, you can use Authy, a desktop authenticator
- Log in to Xero from a laptop or desktop computer and follow the instructions on the screen
- Tick the ‘Remember me’ box and you only need to authenticate every 30 days
Xero Verify will send a push notification to your mobile device when you log in for a fast, easy and secure way to authenticate (the app also generates codes in case you don’t have internet access).
For videos, FAQs and more, visit the MFA web page. If you need some help, this troubleshooting article will come in handy.
Check out the Xero MFA here.